Friday, October 23, 2009

Shh...I have to whisper..

I have to whisper...I can't let my captor know I am trying to contact the outside world on company time.  You read it right...I am at work.  Wait a minute, you say...you don't have a job do you? Aren't you retired?  YES, yes I am..or I was, it would seem. Now here I sit, trapped in this office.

Time is dragging by.  No, it's crawling. Actually, it doesn't seem to be moving at all..  I keep acccidently looking at the clock. It's like poking something dead with a stick. It's disgusting, but I can't stop myself.

How did this travesty happen you might ask? Well even if you didn't ask, I'm going to tell you. And since I don't know how to do one teeny, tiny little thing that would be even remotely helpful to anyone here at this office, I'm going to start at the beginning and give you the really, really long drawn out version.

Many years ago, in a land far, far away (Cooper Michigan) there was a happy mom with four VERY rambunctious little boys that took up all her time and energy..

Oh rats, here comes the boss.

They grew up. Her husband forced her out into the work world..

The End.

15 comments:

Nicole said...

LOL this is such a funny post! thanks for secretly sending this out before your boss came around the corner! I also "whisper" when I'm on here as its mostly while I'm at work too:) shhhhhhhhh! hehe. Looking forward to reading your to be continued blog!

Beth P. said...

Oooh! Yuck, I hate when the most exciting thing you have to do is look at the clock. I like to use the analogy "its like having a bruise, you can't help but poke it even though it hurts" haha. Painful is right.

Well, I hope you were not captured and I hope your day goes/went by faster!

classroom fundraiser said...

This is hilarious! I saw your roll call comment and had to stop by to see if I could help you escape :) At least its Friday, right???

Stopping by from SITS to wish you a happy Friday and help you escape!

Unknown said...

I love your blog! Just stopped by from SITS. You are a great writer! I am signing on to follow. Good lck on your novel!

Stephanie Faris said...

Work SUCKS! I've worked since I was 16 and I'm just exhausted. If only we could figure out a way to get paid to blog full-time, we'd be in business!

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

Anonymous said...

This is so funny! I had a job in the "grey cube" for a long time - just about drove me crazy. The ONE positive thing about it was that paycheck that came every 2 weeks! :-) I can relate to what you're feeling. Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!
pk @ Room Remix

Mrs. M said...

Very funny!! Don't worry I like short stories! :)

Cid said...

Thanks for dropping by, nice to know that someone survived four boys, most days I don't think I (or they) will live to see their teens. Love your horses, Andalusians are spectacular, mine is an old retired Standard Bred but I love him even if he can't get out of an extended trot. On another note, I noticed you have Beautiful Joe as one of your favourite books, I live one town away from where the dog that inspired the story lived. Small world we mothers of boys live in.

Carly said...

Haha, office work sucks. I feel your pain. Hopefully you have some eyecandy to keep you somewhat occupied [Lucky, in your case ;-) ]

Emmy said...

Hi! Stopping by from SITS. I am in the trenches with the little ones still but when my kids all grow up someday I don't think I have any desire to return to the work-force.
Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Aw, working stinks!

Deborah said...

Your very funny, maybe you should write the book! Tori is funny also!
Nice blog! I'm going to follow!

Midlife Roadtripper said...

Perfect example of returning to the work force after working your butt off to raise kids - and end up doing something so mundane. Keep your chin up. I can so appreciate this.

nope said...

Such a funny post! I noticed you started following me ages ago and I'm just getting back to you to return the favor! Sorry it took so long!

Controlling My Chaos said...

Hey, my husband sent me back to work too. The big meanie.